AirSync Error since 9.2 Update

Has anyone else noticed this error since updating? This is constant and has only showed up since the update.

Error:
{AirSync} Error in client/server conversion

This is filling up the logs daily.

Thanks

{AirSync} Error in client/server conversion

That error can sometimes be related to Account “Calendars or Contacts” apart from email synching errors.

Do you see anymore in the log other than that ?

Not sure what you are referring to? Do you mean other errors in the actual log or just in regards to “Errors”?

Do you mean other errors in the actual log

Yes other obvious errors in the log.

All the errors in the log point to the same issue.

Not very good at attaching but hopefully this will provide more detail.

Ok i know AirSync is for syncing calendars and contacts with Microsoft servers. So might be something in your Account setup (Services) section that needs modifying or changing.

Can you go into “Menu / Accounts” and click on your account which sounds like an eg: Outlook type account and screenshot the “Services” section at the bottom, so we can see what you have enabled there.

1 Like

Try removing AirSync in your Services and save and close accounts. Then close and reopen eM Client and see if that fixes it. You may not need that ticked.

1 Like

Hi,

Okay removed AirSync, saved and closed and re-started PC. Will monitor to see if this corrects the error.

Thanks for all your help…much appreciated as always. By the way what is AirSync???

Well quickly found out that will not work as I lost all sync between my PC, phone & tablet.

Has to be another fix other than just ignoring the error every day?

Well quickly found out that will not work as I lost all sync between my PC, phone & tablet

So AirSync needs to be enabled on your specific account to work and carn’t be removed to fix the problem. So you appear to have some problem “either with your eM Client account” or your eM Client"installation" or “your OS somewhere” that won’t allow AirSync to be enabled or work properly without getting errors.

By the way what is AirSync???

AirSync (as I wrote in my post further up), is for syncing calendars and contacts with servers.

So if you have an eg: IMAP, Exchange, Office 365 or iCloud (Non POP account) then try removing and re-adding your account via “Menu / Accounts” using either the automatic email wizard or manually setup depending on your mailbox providers requirements.

Failing that, uninstall eM Client and “don’t delete the database” when asked on uninstall. Then reinstall V9.2.1222 from the release history page.

If still getting the AirSync errors, then you have some issue with your computer outside of eM Client causing it. So check you have done all your OS patches and updates etc.

That’s all that I can suggest. Good luck.

Hi,
Hey “cyberzok” thanks for the detail! I am not a genuis when it comes to this but I get by. None of this was present until the 9.2 update and I am up to date on all the patches from MS etc. So I feel that there is something in the update that may have triggered this. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this error since updating and if no one has brought it forward maybe it is my PC?
Anyway I will work through your suggestions and I have already tried the account suggestion and it did not make a difference.

The uninstall of EMC is a little more challenging. I am always concerned that I will loose all of my emails and especially the folders.

Regardless of the outcome than you for your help.

Hopefully I won’t bother you for awhile! Lol!!! Have a great holiday and stay safe!!!

Richard

The uninstall of EMC is a little more challenging. I am always concerned that I will loose all of my emails and especially the folders

As long as you “don’t” delete the database" when asked part way through the uninstall wizard, you won’t loose any data or settings etc in eM Client.

Also make sure you close eM Client before uninstalling.

Hey, CyberZork, I was having the same trouble except my error message popped up as I opened EMC. I followed your above directions and when I re-opened EMC, the error message did not show up. So it looks like my problem is fixed. I’ll keep you posted in case it comes back.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Unchecked my AirSync box under outlook account in eM Client. My AirSync errors are gone!

Barry Bateman

It depends on how the account is setup, but generally if you untick the AirSync option in versions of eM Client later than 9.2.1628, you may not be able to send messages using the outlook account.