After using restore to repair corrupted database, is there a way to access to missing emails/events?

I had a corrupted database and following online advice used ‘restore’ to go back to a previously backed up version. I have two email accounts, an imap one and a pop3 account. The imap one downloaded all my recent emails as you’d expect. The pop3 account has emails and calendar events missing that were created since the backup. I’d like to know if there’s a way of restoring the missing email and events or has this just been written over by the restore process? (I opted to keep old data during restore.) I’d appreciate any help that can be offered.

Sorry Matthew, the restore process replaces the complete database, so your previous POP3 and local folders will have been replaced by what was in the backup. There is no getting by this.

I am not sure about this option to keep old data. I have not seen that before during restore. The only place I have seen something like that is when importing from version 6 to 7.

A better solution than restore, would have been to attempt to repair the database. Usually, if the database is corrupt, eM Client will detect this on start and run the repair utility. If eM Client started without the repair, but the database is still corrupt, you can run the repair manually. With eM Client closed, run C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\DbRepair.exe. If the repair does not or could not solve the problem, then either restore, or delete the database and start again.

One thing to note is that if you have access to the data, but some of it it is corrupt, or if the restore also contains corrupted data, the best solution is to export what you can from eM Client’s local folders, then delete the database and start again. You can safely ignore all IMAP folders.

If you are able to open eM Client, it is advisable to make a backup (even if the database is somehow corrupted) before attempting a restore. That gives you an additional option of going back one step if something goes wrong. Of course if you can’t open eM Client, then that is not possible, but copying or renaming the database directory will achieve the same result.