After upgrading to version 6, every time I run emClient, I get a User Account Control message

After upgrading to version 6, every time I run emClient, I get the following User Account Control message:

“Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?
Program Name: emClient
Verified Publisher: eM Client, s.r.o
File origin: Harddrive on this computer”

Selecting “Yes” then runs emClient with no problems, but I get the same message every time I start it.

I have tried uninstalling emClient and re-installing it, but it makes no difference. Also run it with admin privileges, but that also makes no difference.

Using Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1.

Please help!

Hi Lindsey, this window should be displayed when you want to run the application as administrator, please check the options of the application by right clicking the MailClient.exe launcher, select Properties > Compatibility and make sure the “Run as administrator” option is not checked.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply as it put me on the right track to solve the problem.

The solution was to change the compatibility to run with Windows 7 compatibility - for some reason it was running with XP compatibility by default. The “Run as administrator” option wasn’t checked.

Regards,
Lindsey

Hi Lindsey, glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,
Paul