After deleting an open email, if we want another message to appear, let us choose whether we see the next or the previous message

Hi Gary.
Ticket ID: 109553. Olivia Rust knows all about it but it seems that investigation has stalled. Currently using version 9.0.1708 (2cfb4a5) and the issue persists.
Peter.

Hi PeterStern, Could not get any sense out of mine the other day and when I looked at task manager, it was the emClient doing a backup which took quite a while! I have a large mailbox with nigh on 20 years of junk dragged through the ages, If your mailbox is smaller, it wouldn’t take so long to back up, so could be a possible reason why it appears to stop for you.
The clients I have evaluated over the years have all been with regard to dragging my outlook history over, and so far emClient is the only one that has succeeded to any degree, even if I did have to do a lot of cut and pastes to get the contacts list generating suggestions properly.
Unfortunately, the lack of Outlook PST compatibility stopped most evaluations immediately after installation if I even got that far so I can’t really help on that front.
I thought emClient looked like the best option for me and other sufferers now Google has shot themselves in the foot by blocking access from loads of old clients, but I was somewhat dismayed to see this simple procedural issue had not been successfully addressed in 8 years.

This thread was opened in 2014 on the open previous vs next email option after delete found in many email clients. It doesn’t appear that there has been any resolution. I’m searching for an new email client since Microsoft dumped outlook 2010 from opening hotmail email messages. In my search I downloaded a copy of eM Client on a trial basis only to discover when I delete an email it opens the previous message rather that the next one and I was unable to find an option to change this behavior.

Being able to open and read email messages in chronological order is a mandatory option for me and since eM Client doesn’t appear to support that it is a deal breaker. Too bad, it appeared it was an acceptable alternative to Outlook. Thank goodness I didn’t have to pay to try it out.

I too would really like the possibility to have the next newest email open when I delete a message (or at least to be able to choose whether it’s the “next” or “previous” message in the list that opens based on my chosen sorting, which I believe is the option in Outlook).

I wonder if @Paul_Technical_Suppo can provide an update on where this functionality is in the backlog (given that this thread is now almost a decade old!).

Thanks!