Add account - finish - microsoft loop

I am following eM Client support but having difficulty. “Add account” follow process to “Finish”, pop up in Microsoft, press continue but nothing happens in eM Client! Certainly no new account added.
Effectively a “loop”.

I changed my default browser to Microsoft Edge in the hope that would work, but no! Any particular “settings” necessary?

Been an eM Client user for years and happy.

Over weekend one of my email addresses was hacked. Support suggested deleting the account and adding in back, hence “add account”.

Getting nowhere fast.

Can any one help please?

Sounds like you have an OAuth token type connection that’s not working for some reason.

Go into your mailbox online account “security section”, and "remove eM Client from the allowed apps. Then close and reopen eM Client and it should force the browser to popup again and should then work ok when you allow access.

cyberzork,

thanks for your response.

being totally non techie, where do i find the security section in eM Client please?

I will give it a try tomorrow, wasted many hours today!

Again, appreciate your assistance.

being totally non techie, where do i find the security section in eM Client please?

Sorry was the Microsoft Privacy section.

Go to Microsoft Privacy - Microsoft account | Privacy

Then click on “Apps and Services” down at the very bottom of the page.

Lastly click “Edit” next to eM Client and finally click “Remove these permissions”.

Hi Cyberzork,

sorry for the delay in responding, been out most of the day.

Did everything as you suggested.

Still no luck.
a question, having removed" permissions for eM Client, when I did add account ------- “Finish”, a screen came up saking if I wanted e Client to have permissions, I responded “yes” then another screen “continue” but no action in eM Client.

I may try answering “no” to permissions and continue as see what happens.

I can access and recieve blueyonder.o.uk emails in virgin media web mail, at least some progress. Thanks again and i will let you knw what happens.

Regards

Just tried answering “no” and nothing!

I am at a loss I think there is something I should be doing but have no idea what that is.

Doug

Hopefully someone else has some other ideas.

Cyberzork,

I don’t give up easily and I really appreciate your time and effort.

However, I have just tried again, add account, but ignored the “automatic system” and went the “manual” route. I had the info required.

Lo and behold the account has been added and appears to work fine.

Again Cyberzork, I do appreciate your time and effort.

Stay safe stay well

Docar

However, I have just tried again, add account, but ignored the “automatic system” and went the “manual” route. I had the info required.

Lo and behold the account has been added and appears to work fine.

Great you got it to work via the manual option.

Btw- When you go to “Menu / Accounts” and click on your account, do you see a POP, IMAP or Exchange tab along the top ?