Activation on a replacement computer

My laptop crashed! The hard drive is lost. I need to move my account to my new laptop. I can’t deactivate on the old laptop, or move the data. I have a new user name and password, but the system isn’t recognizing it. I have my activation key, but can’t find the appropriate place to put it. What do I do now?

With a Free License it is no longer necessary to deactivate the license on the old computer.

Once eM Client is setup on another computer, go to Menu > Help > License and click on Activate. Paste in the activation key.

I had to reinstall eM Client and restored from Backup, but it now says I have no License for my free version. You sent me an e-mail with an Activation Key but typing it in or copying it into the License field results in the spinning loop but still no License shown

1 Like

Unfortunately there was a temporary issue with the license server.

It has now been fixed.

Please go to Menu > Help > License and if there is no license, click on Activate then paste in your license key.

If you have lost the license key, you can have it resent from this page. If eM Client is offline, so you can’t receive messages, please use your webmail interface to receive the message.

Now again today. But this time it’s acting like I never had eM Client at all. All folders are now empty and cannot Restore from my saved 4MB backup zip

file

This is a different issue and is caused because you have the backup zip saved inside the database folder. What happens is that as soon as the restore begins, it tries to delete the file it is restoring from.

The backup directory by default is \Documents\eM Client.
The database folder by default is C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client.

They are separate for a reason.

Please remove the backup zip file from the current database folder and save it elsewhere. Then try the restore again.