Activation failed

I tried to activate my eMClient’s copy. Apparently due to network settings at my office I can’t to activate client. I got “ActivateLicenseFromApplicationEx failed” exception. I have access to emclient.com domain. What’s problem?
I can give some logs, if needed

Apparently due to network settings at my office I can’t to activate client

What network settings at your office would that be ?

Actually I don’t know as I’m not the admin… This is just my guess.
The log said:
MailClient.Remote.RemoteCallException: ActivateLicenseFromApplicationEx failed
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The proxy tunnel request to proxy <local_server> failed with status code ‘407’."

<local_server> - server in local net

The log said:
MailClient.Remote.RemoteCallException: ActivateLicenseFromApplicationEx failed
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The proxy tunnel request to proxy <local_server> failed with status code ‘407’."

That sounds like you possible have a eg: VPN / Proxy running there or Firewall / Security program running that’s blocking the activation.

So if you have either of these type of programs running “ask your Network admin to disable them” temporarily so you can activate eM Client. Those type of programs also normally need to be specially configured to allow eM Client access.

I see…
And if I fail, I won’t be able to use the eM Client? Is there no other way for activating?

No, there is no other way. eM Client needs to regularly connect to our license server. If you block that, after a while it will run only in offline mode.

1 Like