Account set up for POP3 and SMTP

When I try to set  up my account eMC tries to set up an IMAP account. How can I make it POP3 / SMTP as required? The setup procedure is always set on “Automatic”, can I do it manually?
Philip

Hi Philip,

In Menu > Tools > Accounts > New Account > Mail > Other you can manually set the new account and choose the protocol (IMAP/POP3).

Russel

Hi Russel,
Thanks for your reply. I tried the procedure and POP3 was fine. SMTP credentials rejected. I have tried this numerous times, could it be my ISP blocking access to my account? If so I will take it up with them.
Please advise?
Philip

Then the SMTP settings are probably set incorrectly. What account has this kind of problems?
Russel

Hi Russel,
It is a Telkomsa account here in South Africa.
I just kept trying it, and at one point got a screen showing that a “certificate” had expired! I logged out and afterwards realized I should have made a copy of this certificate before I called Telkom to talk to them about it. When I went through the process again to find the certificate message the SMTP set up worked and all is OK now. I have no idea why, but just thankful it is now working.
Thanks for your help
Philip

Hi Philip,

It is possible that the auto-setup chose wrong server settings and if you used the diagnostic tool, then it corrected the issue. I’m glad that it works now and if the problem reoccurs, you can send me an email to [email protected] so we can take a deeper look onto that.

Russel