Accidentally Archived Gmail

I accidentally auto-archived and now most of my gmail folders have been emptied into the em Client Archive.

This is not what I expected or wanted to have happen!

Is there a way to restore the emails to their actual Gmail folders?

If you choose Automatic Archiving, it “moves” all messages over a certain age from your Gmail account to a local folder archive stored only in eM Client.

See eM Client blog documentation

https://www.emclient.com/blog/archive-your-emails-easily-with-em-client-315

So to get them back into your Gmail labels / folders you will need to disable the auto archive and then manually drag or move them back from the “Local archive folder” at the bottom left of eM Client to the original Gmail labels / folders they were in under your Gmail account.

There is no automatic way to undo an auto archive that I’m aware, & has to be done manually.

first of all - thank you SO much for your help here and on the other thread last night. I really appreciate it.

This response is helpful.

I guess what I really want to accomplish is only Archive certain folders from GMail (like Sent or Deleted Items) but not others (like anything in the Inbox or Folders.

Is there a way to accomplish that?

I did notice that under Auto Archive there is something called “Account Preferences” that shows which folders are being Archived, but I was unable to access or change any of those settings.

Thanks.

I guess what I really want to accomplish is only Archive certain folders from GMail (like Sent or Deleted Items) but not others (like anything in the Inbox or Folders.

The only options in Account Preferences you can choose for auto archiving folders is the below. No options to only specify the Sent or Deleted items separately.