Access to registry key denied

When I try and change settings I get the following message “unable to register em client to run at startup. Acces to the registry key " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run is denied”" How can I get

Hello David, are you able to run the application using the current installation? What version of eM client are you currently using on your computer? Can you please try to re-install the application using the latest installer and by removing the application from the list of installed programs on your computer.

Are you running any security software on your computer, such as firewall or proxy, possibly using Malwarebytes application on your computer?

Thank you,

I am able to run the application OK. Version number is 6.022344. I have tried to reinstall but still get the error. I am only running Avast anti virus.
Thanks
David

Can you please try to temporarily disable any security elements and try to repair your installation using this installer, 6.0.22344.0 if you haven’t updated in the meantime…

When did this started to occur?

Thank you,

I have done this but to no avail. Issue has been there since installation.

Regards

David

Hello David, can you please send me a private email to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic?

Thank you,