About the Rules and Unread Mails Linked to a Specific Folder

Hello to everyone,

I am a new eM Client user and I really liked the program. But I think there are one or two very important missing. Maybe I just haven’t figured it out and I might be doing something wrong. I would be glad if you help.

1- When I create a new rule, the mails in the current incoming email folder do not go to the folder where I created the new rule. The new rule is effective from then on, but thousands of old mails are not moved to the folder where the rule was created. Is this possible?

2- When I am in an existing folder, I cannot filter the mails that are not read specifically for that folder. There is only one unread folder for all mailing addresses, and this is not satisfactory to me. I just want to see the unread messages in that folder with the click of a button, while in an existing folder.

Thank you for your help.

Yes, Rules only apply automatically to new messages as they arrive in your Inbox, so only new messages received after you create the Rule will be moved. If you want to apply the Rule to existing messages, right-click on the folder and choose Apply > Rule. You can then select which Rule to manually apply to previously received messages.

If you have trouble finding the unread messages, you can change the sort order so they are at the top of the list. Otherwise there is no way to just show unread messages for that folder.

1 Like

Hello Gary,

Thank you so much for your really quick turnaround and support. Your answers were satisfactory and our problems solved. That it made me happy. If I have other questions, I will ask again.

I wish you a good day.

1 Like

Last question :slight_smile: where can I view all the rules :slight_smile:

Menu > Rules.

Have a good day, and stay safe.

1 Like

Thanks again. I think I ran into these problems because of my bad English. I guess the program does not offer full Turkish language support. When I click on the menu, I see half in English and half in Turkish. Thanks a lot though, it was enough.

With health …em client