A folder inside a folder

I have asked eM Client to creat a folder on my Yahoo Mail account and it have created this folder INSIDE the “inbox folder” and I see this on Yahoo Webmail, but there is no way to delete this folder inside “inbox” folder. What should I do???

Hello,

right click - delete does not work?

Jan

Actwally, eM Client do not even show the folder it have created. Now I can see the folder only on Yahoo Web Mail. After have created the folder, I have closed the em Client by mistake. When I have opened it again, I could not see the folder there.

Hello,

and can you delete it in Yahoo web mail interface?

regards
Jan

Of course not. If I could I would not have created the topic on this forum.

Hello,

If I have understood right that folder now is visible only on yahoo web interface and not in eM Client, if so please contact their support as we can’t do anything about it. The problem will most likely be on their side.

regards
Jan

I totally disagree. Yahoo support just not reply. How can eM Client create a folder and do not be able to delete??? It is such a shame!

Hello,

if you can’t see that folder in eM Client how you would like to be able to delete it? Obviously Yahoo synchronize that folder again and again, and we can’t repair their mistakes.

It might sound mean but we are not responsible for their bad implementation of protocols and technologies they use.

anyway we have tried to recreate your problem by your scenario and nothing happened in all attempts. So now it is Yahoo ̈s turn to focus on their buggy system.

regards
Jan

“if you can’t see that folder in eM Client how you would like to be able to delete it?”

That is not the point. The point is: How can eM Client creat an folder on a place it should not (Yahoo does not alow creat subfolders on inbox folder) and after that lose all control above this folder that eM have created. If eM Client is not seeing the folder it have created so that is the problem to be solved on this topic: eM CLIENT MUST BE ABLE TO SEE THE FOLDER THAT IT CREATED. WHAT YOU GUYS eM CLIENT TEAM ARE GOING DO TO HELP ME???

Yahoo support just do not reply this kind of question. Will I to live forerver with an folder on my mailbox just for have tried to use a scrap software???

Hello,

again this is Yahoo’s bug and problem, we alone have written them that they have terrible authentication servers and it is causing problems.

By no chance we are responsible for their faulty system and we do not substitute their support.

All I can do to help with this problem is to inform that in next version there is some workaround that makes Yahoo little less faulty together with eM Client, but still until they repair their systems we can’t do anything about it.

regards
Jan

I’ve managed to do the same thing - and recovered from it.

I created a new folder with eM Client 6.0.19714.0 whilst creating a new rule (Tools->Rules->New rule->move to folder-New folder). I had ‘Inbox’ selected as the location to place the folder and the new folder was created as a child of Inbox.

This seems logical, the folder is visible within the Yahoo web interface and the rule is routing messages to the new folder correctly.

The new folder was visible in the eM Client briefly (a minute or two) as a child of the Inbox folder before disappearing. I guess this disappearance coincided with eM Client synchronising with Yahoo.

I have now used the Yahoo web interface to create a new folder as a peer of Inbox, moved the emails into it and changed the rule to match and everything is good - eM Client shows the new folder and its emails. I’ve also deleted the original ‘lost’ folder with the Yahoo web interface.

This seems to be either a bug in eM Client or in the Yahoo API and is easily reproduced (I’ve since created another of these ‘disappearing’ folders using eM Client’s Create New Folder facility).

Official Rep, are you able to replicate this behaviour and confirm where the bug is?

Unfortunately I was unable to recreate it (tried it three times in this week), but if you are experiencing no errors at this moment then it does not matter.

If you will encounter this again please inform me here and I will tell you what I will need from you next.

Jan