6.0.21040.0--help!

Can get nothing in my acct. since early Oct. updates–limited computer skill–is help available?

Hi Cynthia, can you please describe the issue, what can’t you get into your account? Are you having issues with receiving/sending messages?
Are any errors showing up? What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,
I install the updates as they are offered. Since 10/4/14 the only thing that appears when I open eM Client is one message welcoming me to the program and an ‘empty’ sidebar. My mail, folders, contacts, everything I had in eM client appears to be gone. I tried installing 6.0.21040.0 yesterday, it’s listed in my programs, and I still get nothing. I believe my free license is activated, but I have no idea what to do. Thanks so much for any help! 
I also use Gmail, and that seems to be okay.

Hi again Cynthia, can you please make a screenshot of the issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,
I’ve been away…don’t know how to send you a screenshot taken with my iPhone…will be available afternoon and evening of 10/29/14 if we could attempt something…

Hi Cynthia, you can make a screenshot by using the “PrtScrn” button on your computer or if you’re using Windows 7 or later versions, you should have an application for screenshot installed on your computer “Snipping Tool”, just use this app to create the screenshot, save the picture to your computer and upload it by using the camera button while replying to this topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

I think I did it…here’s hoping…thanks, Paul.

Hi Cynthia, it seems like you don’t have any accounts setup in eM Client, to setup one, please go to Tools > Accounts > New account.
Or do you have some accounts setup and they just don’t show up?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,
I’m not sure you received this reply before…yes, I’ve had eM Client for a long time and just seemed to ‘lose’ everything in my acct. with my last attempts to update. Is there any way I can get back to my contacts and mail that was there? Thank you…don’t want to “open” another acct. if I can’t get my previous acct. restored.

Hi Cynthia,

did you happen to change the way you login into Windows starting from 4 October?

Maybe you’re now using another Windows account than before? With another user name?

Hi Hans,
I was using my regular acct. When I attempted the update, asked for and received my license activation key, activated it, but have had nothing but that original 10/4 screen ever since. perhaps, I accidentally (everything I do on the computer is done ‘accidentally’ unfortunately) created a brand new account and lost everything? Never had this occur with several previous updates…thank you for any further help…

Hi Cynthia, if you’re using a different user account, you should be able to navigate to C://Users/yourusername/App Data/Roaming/eM Client.
This is your eM Client database folder where all your data should be included, unless you’ve changed the default directory in Tools > Settings > Storage.

Thank you,
Paul.