550 no mailbox by that name is currently available

Hello all,
I am trying the free version of em client and have run into a problem.
I have setup a pop3 account in my web hosting but when I add the details to em I get problems.
If I send an email from another account when it comes in to em I get this message:

Address not found

Your message wasn’t delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn’t be found or is unable to receive email.

The response from the remote server was:

550 no mailbox by that name is currently available

If I send from em to one of my other email addresses I get it but can not get a thing to come into em.
Hope someone can help.
David

That’s a bounce message from the server that indicates exactly what it says:

If you know for sure that the email address does exist, consider checking with the email provider that your email isn’t blocked or disabled for some reason. Double-check that things are the way you want them to be by logging into your web hosting.

Email servers can also respond with 550 if they think the incoming message is spam, i.e. they’ll just block message delivery. You’d have to know about how their anti-spam stuff is setup. There might be some logs related to your account on your web hosting that could shed some light.

Hello Victor,
I only setup the new email address an hour ago so know its ok and not blocked.

The mail server can respond according to the sender, if the email server thinks the sender is spammy.

But it may not be a spam issue. Have you received any email on the account you setup an hour ago?

On my hosting, when I setup a new email, it says that it takes 2-3 hours for the account to be active. Maybe you have something similar.

Exactly what it says.

The address you sent the message to does not exist, or has been disabled.

Hello Gary,
No its not disabled as I have checked and it does exist as it was setup yesterday.
David