5201 Error - AirSync Error - XMPP Error

I seem to be getting frequent errors! i mostly get 5201 errors, airsync errors and xmpp errors. Both airsync and xmpp errors state that it could be caused by a bad setting or temporary server unavailability.

i really enjoy using this while it didnt provide errors and i really wanted to support the development by purchasing the pro but multiple errors popping out on a daily basis, i just cant make that move. 

Hello, unfortunately the 5201 Error is a server side error thrown by the server in case the service is too busy to process your request. This is unfortunately not an application issue and can’t be workaround on our side.

In case you’re having multiple AirSync or Gmail errors, please make sure to switch to the “Log” tab, when the error is thrown in Operations, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum. Also what version of eM client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

The 5201 error may also be caused by inability to process the request on time, which might also be caused by a security element such as firewall in your network, in order to make sure if this is a server issue, please try to disable such security elements temporarily and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,

There Version i have is 6.0.22344.0

I tried disabling any security programs i have including the firewall but the error still shows. I did check the log as you informed and i noticed that the airsync errors come back to back with the 5201 error. Here is a copy of the log when it happened:

8:01:31 PM   MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronization error (5201)8:01:31 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:01:31 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.\<\>c\_\_DisplayClass30.\<\>c\_\_DisplayClass35.<enqueuesynchronize>b__2c(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>8:01:31 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)<br>8:01:31 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)<br><br>8:02:53 PM MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronization error (5201)<br>8:02:53 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)<br>8:02:53 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer2.<>c__DisplayClass30.<>c DisplayClass35.b 2c(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:02:53 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
8:02:53 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
8:02:53 PM Blu Hotmail [AirSync] Synchronizing folder 'Blu Hotmail/Sent/'
8:02:55 PM MailExceptions.OperationException: Synchronization error (5201)
8:02:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncItemSynchronizer2.Synchronize(IItemSynchronizeContext1 synchronizeContext, Folder folder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:02:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Common.ItemSynchronizer`2.<>c DisplayClass30.<>c DisplayClass35.b__2c(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:02:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
8:02:55 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
8:02:55 PM Blu Hotmail [AirSync] Synchronizing folder ‘Blu Hotmail/Drafts/’

8:44:55 PM Blu Hotmail [AirSync] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. —> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host8:44:55 PM at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM — End of inner exception stack trace —
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.Security._SslStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.TlsStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.PooledStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.Connection.ReadCallback(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.ActiveSyncCommandRequest.GetResponse(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.LoggingCommandRequest.GetResponse(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__0(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncGenericCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
8:44:55 PM Khalid Hotmail [AirSync] MailExceptions.ConnectionException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. —> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. —> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.Security._SslStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.TlsStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.PooledStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.Connection.ReadCallback(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.ActiveSyncCommandRequest.GetResponse(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.Protocol.LoggingCommandRequest.GetResponse(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.AirSync.AirSyncFolderSynchronizer.GetFolderList(Folder homeFolder, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Protocols.Common.FolderSynchronizer.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__0(WorkerStatus status, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
8:44:55 PM at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

i am not sure if this is the correct way to post it for you.

Hello again, I’m afraid this is more likely a server issue due to this error:
Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

This suggest the remote server is closing the connection, this can be caused by server unavailability or heave load causing inability to process your request on time. Similar issues can occur when a security software is blocking the connection, but can also be caused by a network security element - this is however unlikely unless you’re using eM Client strictly in a corporate network.

Regards,

hi, i am using this on my personal home computer. i can understand why you would say that this is something from my email providers but what i don’t understand is why i get the same error  on all 3 accounts, 2 hotmail and 1 gmail.

i also double checked if there was any settings through the email providers that would effect your software. I also allowed the software through my firewall and anti-virus software. I am not sure if i am missing anything else.

Hello, it’s most likely not the same error, the above submitted logging data only point out an AirSync error, which suggest the connection is being forcibly closed, if you’re using any security software, please try to temporarily disable these security elements and check if the issue persists.

Copy the content of the log once the XMPP error occurs for more information about this issue.

Regards,

I get the same problem continuously coming up on all Hotmail, Yahoo (and other accounts) several times an hour. I never had this issue with Thunderbird or any other email clients. I purchased this software thinking it was the best, but this issue is so annoying.

Hi,
if you are experiencing any trouble and are a PRO license user, you can contact our PRO support at http://support.emclient.com/ and our engineers will assist you in solving this problem swiftly.
If you are a FREE license user I will need more information about your issue to help. Could you copy the error messages and logs for me, if so?

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks Olivia, I ma a registered paid user and have submitted a ticket as you kindly advised.