1 pro licence, on more than one computer

An alternative option could be to “bind” you license key to a specific mail address, so in order for your program to stay activated, the email address the key is bound to, will have to function. Then you can have different setup on different computers, as long as this primary address still works. That would suit me just fine.  You would be able to “cheat” by creating an “empty” email address you can share, but it would make it a little more safe.

No, using the same license on more than one computer is not a breach of terms if you have purchased additional seats. It is one license and one activation key that can be used on more than one computer. If you have purchased a 10 seat license, you can give the activation key to anyone you want. There is no restriction except that it can only be used on a maximum of 10 computers.

eM Client do not hold your email account credentials. That is neither possible nor legal. The only item that is communicated with them is your license key.

That is the stupidest idea I have ever heard. What if you change email addresses? How would a company 100 seat license work?

I was not talking about a 100 seat company. I was talking about a way to give a person the possibility to use the same license on 2-4 computers, without having to buy 2-4 licenses. The headline of this request is “1 pro licens on more than one computer”.  If you did change you email address, you could just log on to the em server license site and change the associated email address.

I wonder how other software companies work it then?  I have a few ‘multi-device’ software packages.

However, em-client don’t seem to have any intention of changing their licensing model so we, the users, are left with two choices.  Either purchase em client or look for alternatives.

I do think it’s sad though that you can only get the muli-license discount at the time of the initial purchase. It doesn’t give much scope for adding addional machines at a later date. 

Lars, eM Client currently offer a way to use a Pro License on more than one computer without having your email account details. This is the same regardless of how many seats you have on a single license. 2 or 100, it is the same, and your privacy is completely respected in that eM Client Inc. does not know, or need to know, which email provider you are accessing.

But you are suggesting that eM Client become aware of, and maintain a database of, what email address you are sending and receiving with in order to use a Pro License. Absolute nonsense. 

Richard, some companies use the hardware id of the computer where it has been activated. eM Client themselves use that method for Free Licenses, that is why you cannot use the same Free Licence on more than one computer. But if you want to use it on another, you can. Deactivate it on one, and then activate it on another. But if you want to use a Pro License on multiple computers simultaneously, then you need to purchase additional seats. That is in the license agreement. 

On my second PC on a pro license I need a verification code to continue using.  How do I get this?  Just got cancelled yesterday

If you have purchased more than one seat for your Pro License, then you use the same activation key on the other computer.

If your Pro License is only valid for 1 computer, then you need to either deactivate it on the the first before activating it on the second, or purchase an additional license.

If you have problems activating your Pro License, please open a support ticket with eM Client. They will be able to help you further.