Zombie email draft

Hello. I am using eM Client 9.2.1222 (ca10485). I’ve been a very happy user of eM Client for 2 years.

I recently sent an email from the client using my GMail account. The email was sent and received successfully. However, a draft remains in eM Client’s Drafts folder for the GMail account (and the Drafts count reflects this). The draft refuses to delete.

Clicking on the Drafts folder shows the draft email in the list pane, with the addressees and subject. However, clicking on the draft shows nothing in the detail pane (i.e. the detail pane is completely blank). Double-clicking on the draft brings up the detail email window, which again is completely blank. Attempting to delete the draft has no effect at all. The draft does not exist on the GMail servers, verified by using GMail’s web client. It seems this is stuck somehow in the eM Client database as a zombie.

Otherwise, draft processing works as expected. This is the only occurrence I’ve experienced.

Are there any solutions to removing this zombie draft?

Please close eM Client and open a Windows Command Prompt. Not a powershell, but a command prompt.

Paste in this command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client\MailClient.exe" /dbrepair

When that is done, restart eM Client.

Perfect - thank you! That did indeed fix the problem. :+1: