Zimbra support

Have a look at this thread. https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/agghhh-outlook-connector-change-in-latest-release

I suggested tweaking the providers.xml file before setting up the account, and Richard confirmed that it works.

Thank you Gary. I did eventually get it working (this is the second client I configure with an almost identical setup) with Zimbra, it’s just that … it could be a “bit” less complicated. They don’t need to be Outlook or , but basic stuff like talking to servers needs to be fixed if they’re going to be a serious alternative. And we’re not talking about the bleeding edge of things either :wink:

Yes, it is not a very difficult thing for the providers.xml file to updated. You don’t even need to be a developer to do it. If the file has correct details for your server then the setup is really, really easy, which I think is what eM Client aims for.

However, I think that the problem lies in that there are so many servers out there that do not provide autodiscovery that works with eM Client. The know issues are already in the providers.xml for major providers, as that is the function of that file. But of course when you have something like Richard has with his own server, well, eM Client just can’t provide for everyone.

The best way forward is to report any difficulty eM Client has with a specific provider, and hopefully the developers can test and update the providers.xml for the next release.