Yahoo Contacts

When I click on Contacts on the left side of the screen, I have no contacts folder, and I have no email address heading, so I can’t even set up a contacts folder. In the lower left corner I sometimes get the message “Root element missing”.

The email address heading does show up correctly in Mail, Calendar, and Tasks.

Hi Jon, 
what version of eM Client are you currently using? When the error occurs can you please switch to the Log/History tab in the Operations window and copy the content of the log (or just the error part, it should be visible in the log),
and post the content of the log here on the forum?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul,

I am using version 6.0.20648.0. My email [email protected] is ok. My email [email protected] does not load any contacts, but loads everything else. Both emails have been working fine until recently.

Here is the Log.

1:42:50 PM Online state: changed to online with reason NetworkAvailability
1:42:50 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
1:42:50 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [CardDAV]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing items: For folder [email protected]/
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  MailExceptions.OperationException: Subfolder synchronization for folder “0” failed with following error: Cannot find server.
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Calendar/
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [CardDAV]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:42:51 PM [email protected] [CardDAV]  Synchronizing items: For folder [email protected]/
1:42:52 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing items: Sync of [email protected]/ finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 0 items,  0 downloaded
1:42:52 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing items: Done
1:42:52 PM [email protected] [CardDAV]  Synchronizing items: Sync of [email protected]/ finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 0 items,  0 downloaded
1:42:52 PM [email protected] [CardDAV]  Synchronizing items: Done
1:42:52 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  MailExceptions.OperationException: Subfolder synchronization for folder “Calendar” failed with following error: Cannot find server.
1:42:52 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
1:42:52 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing items: For folder [email protected]/
1:42:52 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing items: Sync of [email protected]/ finished: 0 uploaded, 0 deleted, 0 obsolete, 1 items,  0 downloaded
1:42:52 PM [email protected] [CalDAV]  Synchronizing items: Done

Jon

Hi again Jon, can you try to update your client to this version (http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.20899/setup.msi), and check if the issue persists?
If it does, can you please right click your “contacts” folder and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button?

Thank you,
Paul.

I upgraded to the new version. I can’t repair my contacts folder because, like before, I don’t have one. See images. Under mail [email protected] is there. Under contacts it is not there.

Hi again, sorry about that, if you go to Tools > Accounts > Your problematic account > Calendar, is such tab in the account settings?

If it is, what CardDAV URL do you have in teh account settings?

If you don’t have a calendar tab, can you try to setup the account again using the automatic setup with the new version?

Thank you,
Paul.

I deleted the problem email account and then added it back in. The problem is fixed. Everything is OK.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi again Jon, great, glad everything works, make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.