xml markup not supported

looks like em client is not supporting xml markup.
are you working on this?

Hi, not completely sure what you’re referring to.

If you want to insert an HTML/XML code into your message you have to do so by right clicking the body of the message and selecting “Insert > HTML”, or are you having issues with a received message?

Thank you,
Paul

hi paul
thank you for answering. i have an issue with receiving xml formated messages. em client only shows the the code. is it a bug or a feature? :wink:
regards
däny

Hi again, if the message was sent as an HTML message, and the XML code was a part of the source code, only the values from the xml content should be displayed, however if you’ve received a XML code simply inserted to the body of the message as a text, eM Client will not process this as a XML code.

For including code in the source code of the message from eM Client use the Insert HTML feature as I previously suggested.

Thank you,
Paul

hi paul, well it is actually more an html email, whis is not displayed. here you find the whole markup of the email: https://goo.gl/5A7BBy
outlook, thunderbird and apple mail are doing fine with this markup.

Hi, the referenced file is not a valid HTML message, just an HTML file. As I previously mentioned if you want to send an HTML email you have to insert the HTML code using the insert feature in eM Client.

Or can you please comment on how did you submit the code to other applications, I’ve tested the behavior with Apple Mail and Outlook but they all seem to work identically.

Thank you,
Paul

hi paul, this is the markup of a message i regularly receive. i don’t want to send html messages.
in the other mail clients the mail is well styled. in em client i just see the code.

Hi again, if you’ve received a message that was formatted as XML or HTML right click on the message and select Forward > Forward as attachment and send the message to my email ([email protected]) with a reference link to this forum topic, but the source code you’ve sent me is a simple HTML source, that will not be displayed correctly in eM Client because it is not formatted as an email message, but rather a website.

I’ve replicated identical behavior with Apple Mail and Outlook.

Paul

thank you paul, just sent the mail.

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check for the exact version number in Help > About? Can you also please check if you have the latest available version of .NET framework installed on your computer?

You should be able to do so in the list of installed programs under the Control Panel, check if you have .NET 2 or 3 installed and that you have .NET 4 in version 4.5.2, if not, please try to update the framework using this update : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642 .

Hope this helps,
Paul