Em Client keeps making folders that are different than what icloud.com uses. I’ve tried turning on “Automatically detect special folder names” and turning it off and the same result happens: Em Client keeps making its own Trash and Sent folders and keeps putting sent/deleted mail in them instead of in the default icloud ones. Here’s the steps I’ve tried doing:
- Turn “auto detect…” off. Folders names set to that on icloud.com. Here’s a pic of the settings: https://i.imgsafe.org/66fc8c311a.png
- Close EM Client
- On icloud.com, delete the previous EM Client created folders
- Open EM Client
- EM Client appears to be working as expected: no extra folders present
- Send test email from EM Client to self
- After sending email, notice that immediately EM Client goes back and creates those duplicate Sent/Trash folders. Here’s a pic of what it looks like inside the client: https://i.imgsafe.org/66fc72899a.png and here’s what it looks like on icloud.com: https://i.imgsafe.org/66fc7dba19.png
- If I delete that email, it goes in the wrong (i.e. newly EM Client created) folder. Same for the email I sent as a test.
It’s exactly the same if I turn “auto detect…” on and repeat steps 2-8 above. I have no idea what else I can do to make it use my icloud.com folders. I don’t have a Mac and I turned my iPhone off while I tried this test.
Note: The other strange thing that you can see in the pics is that in EM Client, it displays the default icloud folders as “Deleted Messages” and “Sent Messages”. If you look at the icloud.com pics, you’ll see that those folders don’t exist whatsoever. No idea why EM Client is renaming them (which wouldn’t bug me if it at least used them).