With Live Mail, all my emails, deleted or read, were saved indefinitly, but with eM Cient both keep disappearing .

How will that work, if Comcast no longer supports POP3?  If I switch to a different serve, then won’t I have a new email address and have to inform everyone who uses my Comcast email address to switch to the new address?  That’s a lot of people.

What exactly do they mean by they no longer support POP3? Does that mean that they will not offer tech support for users that connect using POP3, or does it mean that they are discontinuing the POP3 service? I could not find anything on their website that says either of these.

Did you try to setup your account in eM Client using POP3?

We got an email from Xfinity that advised email users the need to convert to iMap because there would be problems if we continued to use POP3.  My POP3 email quit sending my emails.  After working with Xfinity over the problem, nothing worked. Then the next problem started where email weren’t being received.  Xfinity’s only recommendation was to not use Live Mail.

I have not switched to POP3 with eM Client. Are you sure that would stop the disappearing email?

Whether the account is setup as POP3 or IMAP, sending is the same. That sending was not working while configured to retrieve using POP3 is not an issue with POP3. Usually when one is working and the other is not, the culprit is an update to the anti-virus application. Disabling that will help to discover where the problem is.

All setting up your account as POP3 will do is give you a familiar platform on which to manage your messages.