Will you have an app in the Windows 8 store?

Would be even better if I could launch it from the Windows 8 touchscreen instead of from the desktop

Yes, it is already in progress.

EXCELLENT…then I will dump Outlook as I LOVE your program

When will there be an app?

What are the details of this? Is it a cut-down version of eM Client?

For me it would be an app that can run in Win8 Metro mode (fullscreen) and made optimized for touchscreen. Also optimized for tablet put to standby all the time so no need for all the error messages about no connection.

eM Client will be available in Win 8 store but no for Win RT. We have to finish few last optimizations in touch mode and then it will be released officially.

After my tablet is put to sleep and back on it takes forever to display my gmails, need to restart the tablet. I have 90000 gmails.

Gmail takes often forever to display on Win8 tablet after sleep

How can I debug this? What should I test out to find the reason? I have about 90.000 gmails. I see it often uses very long time doing the syncing flags. What is that and can I turn that off? After reboot it most often works fine, until next sleepmode on my tablet. Tablet: Acer W510 Win8 32 bit. The subject on the gmails are showing up but the content takes forever. Please help.

Send us your logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Advanced->Logging and check “IMAP” under the problematic account. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window. Thank you.

Any News for win8 app?

Why don’t you use the Archive function in gmail…

Soon finish?

eM Client should be already there - try to use search option.

So EM Client for Win8 Metro mode (fullscreen) and made optimized for touchscreen is finish? Please give me a download link. Thanks!

The key here is “no for Win RT”. In other words, there is no Windows 8 version of eM Client client, but you can now get the existing eM Client through the Windows Store.

I’m not sure if there’s a misunderstanding, but in Windows 8, you can already launch eM Client from the Windows 8 start screen.

You don’t need it to be in the store for this. You also don’t need it to be a WinRT app for this.

So there will not be an EM Client for Win8 Metro mode (fullscreen) made optimized for touchscreen? I think you are missing out…

I think their time would be better spent fixing eM Client’s problems.

I second the touch optimized interface. The ability to scroll via touch and to make the button spacing easier for touch would be nice. Outlook 2013 is pretty nice in this respect. Other applications are also doing this, for example the new Acrobat reader is also touch optimized for scrolling, zooming, etc.