Will not download all messages from some gmail folders

I am using eM Client 9.1 and gmail. eM Client is not downloading some of gmail messages from a couple of folders (labels?) to a local computer. It downloaded all messages in most folders, but downloaded only a part of messages from a couple of folders. Is there a way to synchronize particular folders?

Is there a way to synchronize particular folders?

As fast as I know for Gmail you can’t just sync a specific folder, you normally have to sync the “All Mail” folder which then clears the local eM Client cache and re-syncs all the mail in your folders and labels with your online Gmail account.

So to repair your Gmail account, “Right click” on the “All Mail” folder under your Gmail account" and then click “Properties” at the bottom. Then click the “Repair” tab at the top. Finally click “Repair”.

Note - Repairing can take time depending on the size of your Gmail mailbox.

Failing that remove your Gmail account from eM Client, and then re-add your Gmail account (via the automatic wizard) and make sure you click (Allow) near the end of the wizard to allow EMC access to your Gmail account.

Lastly if still the same problem, you may have a program installed locally that is interfering with eM Client synching. Eg:- if you have any optional Firewall / Security programs or optional Antivirus programs or VPNs try completely disabling those to test.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help. For some reason, repairing the “All Mail” did not solve the problem, so I removed and re-added my gmail account, which finally worked! Thank again!


I just encountered a similar issue with v9.2.1222.0 where some (but not all) of my Gmail folders weren’t syncing with EM Client. For example: ParentFolder1 has SubFolder1, SubFolder2, and so on. Mail items in SubFolder1 would sync, while items in SubFolder2 wouldn’t sync, and some (but not all) of the items in SubFolder3 would sync, while the others would not.

So I did the following as suggested here and in other similar threads:

  1. Checked my Gmail settings and verified that “All Mail” was configured to show in IMAP. (It was.)
  2. Backed up my EM Client database.
  3. Repaired my Gmail “All Mail” folder in EM Client. (That didn’t fix it.)
  4. Removed and re-added my Gmail account in EM Client. (That didn’t fix it either.)
  5. Uninstalled the EM Client program, leaving the database folder in place, then reinstalled the same version 9.2.1222.0 from EM Client website. This finally fixed it for me.