Will it ever be possible to use one SMTP and another POP3?

Feature request, really. I love eM Client, but have noticed it’s not possible to get my POP3 email from Google, and still use my ISP’s SMTP server (a clear preference on my part, and possible with Thunderbird). I want to keep my email  on the client side, and not store everything on Google’s servers.

Hi Steve,
when adding an account you can set up your incoming and outgoing servers manually, when you go to Tools > Accounts and choose to set up the New Account, just use the Mail > Other option instead of automatic setup.

Regards,
Olivia

Oh, I’ve done that, but it fails on the SMTP. I’m using Gmail POP3 and Charter SMTP. The Charter connection always fails me, though I follow their instructions. I can only get eM Client to work if both are Gmail.

Even using the built in diagnostics tool, it will fail, though it says it is fixed.

Oh, I see. Have you tried playing with the server settings in the SMTP tab? Changing the security to legacy port maybe? I must say I am not sure which setting would be correct, so if this doesn’t work I can mark this thread as Idea so our developers can look into it when they look for new features to implement.

Regards,
Olivia

Yes, I have tried three of the four options (other than not using secure). I’m a huge fan of tinkering with settings. :slight_smile: The legacy choice is working with GMail being both sides of the equation, but I would dearly love to stop using GMail SMTP in favor of my ISP.

I will continue to experiment and see what happens.

Ok, so I chatted with a Charter tech. It’s not possible to use their SMTP servers unless I am also sending from my Charter email account. That’s why a two-way setup won’t work.

Hello Steve,
thank you for getting back to us and explaining what the issue was.

Regards,
Olivia