Why won't my eM work now?

My eM stopped working. I tried everything!! It opens but that’s it, it’s almost like it freezes, I have to go into task manager to close it even. I have ran anti virus scans, nothing, system restore, all with the same results. It was fine 2 days ago, now I can only access my email via my phone and that uses up my data. Please help me get this going again, I need my email back.

Hi,

please run the tool available from http://www.emclient.com/tools/emstack… after the freeze happens. It should generate a log file (starting with “eM Client Stack” in your Documents folder) that will help us analyze the problem in more detail. Please send this file to us ([email protected]). Thanks.

Best regards

I ran the tool, twice, couldn’t find it the first time…sent them both. Sorry, I need to clean out my documents folder. Hoping you can help resolve this issue.

Hello Vicki,
thanks for the log. The error is caused by a problematic operation when displaying an email on top of your inbox. The operation might take a very long time, but it shouldn’t get stuck completely.
How long have you waited for the eM Client to appear before terminating it from Task Manager?

I suggest giving the client even longer - e.g. 15 minutes. If it does start then, go to Tools->Settings->Read-> uncheck “Replace text smilies with emoticons”. It would also help, if you could save the email that was shown when eM Client finally opened.

If it doesn’t start even after long time, we will have to manually fix the database for you.

Regards

It started after about 15 minutes. Ended up being emails from a site I am enrolled in. I had to dump most of my inbox to get it to work & I turned off email acceptance from them. Thank you very much for the help, it’s nice to have my email working again.

Hello Vicki,
I am glad it is working. I would like to know few details about the email - in order to be able to verify that this has been fixed by us in newer versions:

1. Was the email body long?

2. Do you perhaps have one such problematic email and could save it for us? When the email finally shows, right-click it in the message listing, select Save As. Then send the saved email as attachment to us - the address is [email protected]. This would help us a lot.

3. If you don’t have any such email, could you tell us which site was sending the emails, so we could try to reproduce it in our test environment.

Thanks.

Regards,

I deleted everything in my inbox except important stuff. It wasn’t a long email, it had a web link attached to it, which I had opened before & never had a problem till that week. I believe it was an email from DrOz.com or Sharecare.com. I changed email addresses so I will watch for another 1 & try to forward it to my email & send 1 to you.