Why does the push function of imap only work for the inbox

Hi,
as the title says, I don’t understand, why the eMClient doesn’t show me a new Mail as soon as I received it. For example I only can see new Mails in the Junk-Folder after clicking on the Folder. It seems like the sync is only done after opening the folder. Why doesn’t it work like the inbox?
I’m using GMail if this helps for any solutions.

Thanks in advance
themic

It is working for all IMAP folders, not just inbox. What version of eM Client are you using?

I’m using the latest version. (downloaded and installed it yesterday)

So when you normally get new Junk Mail i.e., there is a notification while receiving and the foldername ist printed bold and shows the number of new mails like inbox does?

I’m having the same issue. Just downloaded the program for the first time yesterday.

Except my issue might be a little different. When I click on a folder, I’m not getting new emails after the initial loading of the program. I have to close EmClient and reopen the program everytime I want to get updates.

For example, If I have a folder selected and working on email, then change to a different email account on my list, its not updating. Only when I close the app, re-open, do I get the changes. I’ve tried Send and Receive several times and its not updating.

Also using Imap with Google.

Hi David,
are you sure you get new mails when you are working with eM Client and nothing is downloaded from the server (did you check it in the webmail)? If so, send us your IMAP logs please: go to menu Tools->Settings->Logging and check “IMAP”. Then restart eM Client, try to simulate the issue (click Send and Receive) and send us (with reference to this topic) the logs using the same logging settings window.

Hi,
my problem is still active and i’m quite sure that it isn’t a problem which can be solved by changing the settings. i try to describe it once more:
i start eM Client, the inbox is opened (as checked in the settings). when i get a new mail, i get the popup and everything is fine, because all my mails arrive in the inbox. there is only one ecxeption, and this is the junk folder. when i get i new mail which gmail marked as spam, it doesn’t occur in the inbox, but in the spam/junk area. i think it is intended, that there is no popup when there is new junk mail. but it would be nice, if the number next to “Junk E-mail” would increase at the time, i receive it. this is only done, after opening the junk folder (clicking on “Junk E-mail”). can this be “solved” anyhow?
thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hello,
this happens because eM Client does not synchronize Junk folder immediately. Junk folder becomes bold after an email is received, but the count of new messages will appear after the full synchronization.