Why does my message preview panel setting often disappear?

I’ve setup eM with the preview panel below the message list, however it often disappears and I have to reset it almost hourly now.  With a high traffic volume this is a very useful feature and inherent in Outlook, hence why I like it in eM!

I definitely prefer eM over the Chrome Gmail portal or Outlook Windows client as I’m now a G-Suite user. I’ve only been using it for a day or 2 and it’s been a breeze, but this is particularly annoying…

Any suggestions?

I have not seen that before, Kevin, but then I have the message panel to the right.

1. Maybe try that by going to Menu > View > Layout > Messages on the right, and see if there is any difference. 

2. If that does not help, you can reinstall eM Client. Your data and settings will not be affected by a reinstall.  If you do not have the latest version, you can download it from http://www.emclient.com/release-history.

3. But if it is your settings that are causing the issue, then the easiest is to delete the database. Make a backup (Menu > File > Backup) before you do that. To delete the database, close eM Client, and then delete or rename C:\Users_[username]_\AppData\Roaming\eM Client. You may have to show hidden items in Explorer to do that. When you restart eM Client a fresh new database will be created.