Why do I have to re-activate my free licence every other day?

Several times a week I am told the free licence needs to be re-activated which is no great p[problem but it is very annoying in an otherwise brilliant program.

Hi,
is there a possibility you’re using the license on more computers?

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes. Am I not allowed to?

Hi, no… Well you’re allowed but this will be happening. eM Client license is per one computer only, if you want to use eM Client for personal use on two computers you have to register for a second free license.

Or if you’re using your second computer for commercial use, purchase a license for that computer.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Hi Paul

Thanks for the explanation. I use it on all 4 of my home computing devices as it works so well for me. I am retired and approaching 75 so have no commercial use for any program at all, but I do spend a considerable amount of time on computers, whichever one is nearest to hand. It’s a pity you don’t do a Linux or Android version as I am not a fan of the email programs available on those operating systems.

As to registering more than one computer, when I installed it on the other machines I think I got some message saying I already had a licence. Anyway I will give it a try.

Keep up the great work.
Ron

Hi,
as I mentioned the license is for one computer only, so you should have no issues if you get more of them, but it can be a bit tricky to get more free licenses, you also have to use a different email address to obtain a second one etc.

I’m glad you like the application, I hope it will stay that way.

Also if you have any more issues or questions about the application, make sure to check back with us here.

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul

One other point. Have you any plans to allow the Tasks due date to appear on the Calendar, as in Google Calendars? It would be very helpful to me at least.

Ron

Hi,
unfortunately there’s currently no similar feature planned at the moment, but if you’d like to see this improvement in the application.

You can maybe create an “Idea” topic and let other users vote on the feature and if the user feedback is sufficient we might add it to future releases.

Thank you for the suggestion,
Paul.

I have the same problem - I have to re-ctivate my free licence every other day. I am only using one licence for one computer.

Hi Veronika, are you completely sure no-one else is using the same license number?
Are you receiving any error messages, pop-ups from the application? Does this happen on every start of the application?

What version of eM Client are you using?

Thank you,
Paul.

I cannot think of anyone who could use my licence number. I just activated it for the first time a few days ago.
I don’t receive any error message, just that I don’t have a licence and cannot send or receive emails until I activate one - which I then do and everything works.
Strangely it doesn’t happen on every start. I think it only happens once a day.
Thank you for your help!

Can you please make a screenshot of that message once you see it again and post it here please?

Thank you, sorry for the inconvenience,
Paul.

I get this message, and then when I activate the licence key I received everything works fine.

Can you please send me an email with a link to this forum topic to [email protected], please also include your licensing information.

Thank you,
Paul.

I am now getting a license message every day - (I am running em client on 2 computers) - but when I check the license info all is fine - if I quit and restart em client there’s no longer a message and all works well

This behaviour could put off a lot of potential users

eM Client has a one license per computer policy, so if you’re running the same license on two computers, you will be prompted for a license every time you reassign the license.
If you’re not using the application for commercial use you can get a second free license if you register it to a different email address, if you are not using it for personal/home use you’ll have to purchase a second license.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Thanks for a quick reply Paul
I understand perfectly - although I just booted up em client on my 2nd computer and no message this time!

It’s no problem for me to get a 2nd license with a different email address - but some would struggle with that
 I know plenty of people who have always used the same single email address and wouldn’t want to fiddle around - and most now have at least a desktop and a laptop in the house.
I’ve come to realise that there are many many computer users who only vaguely understand what they are doing - and they will shut off at any sign of complication.

You have a good program so it would be a shame to lose potential users - at least allow two computers for the free license

Now - is anybody addressing the issue of em client taking 23 seconds to start up??

regards
Mick

Hi, please note that eM Client is a paid application, as I mentioned previously we have a one license per computer policy, so if a user purchases one license he’s only able to use it on one computer unless he purchases more license keys, this policy is used with the free license as well and wouldn’t make sense allowing to use the free license on more computers.

We’re using this licensing model so people can save on purchasing a license for their only computer instead of purchasing one license for three computers when they only have one.
Hope you understand…

Nobody’s been addressing this issue before, at least from what I know, is the application running smoothly once it loads, if you have a big database it might take a bit more time to load up, your computer’s performance also comes in play here.

Thank you,
Paul.

Paul thanks for your explanation, sorry my english im from Brazil and my english is not very good.  I understand now what happend with my licence so i go try use in my notebook other email for no conflict with my desktop house too. I like so much your Em Client so i think after some days i go buy the licence for person. I like buy when the program is good and i think the Em Client is very good. Thanks for all your explanaction… Yours correct with this make the free just for one licence. Thanks for all