Why aren't my two accounts going to separate inboxes and outboxes?

I have two email accounts which I want to have go to separate inbox and outbox. They’re now all going to the same inbox, despite my having two accounts set up. Please help.

Yes, I discovered this also while testing emclient. That they are going into the same inbox is REALLY annoying, especially because I wanted to use it as business mail program as a paying emclient customer.
Now I may to search for another mail program that supports this feature. Really annoying.

Took a look just now at the screenshots and voila, one of them indicates that two accounts can have their own inbox. Very strange.

I hope this is answered soon because I see no point in using and paying emclient if all my mails from separate accounts go into the same inbox.

Hello,
at the moment you can alter the current behavior by creating a separate set of folders under Local Folders (e.g. [email protected], [email protected] or even two folders email1… and email2 with Inbox and Sent as subfolders) and create rules that will move incoming emails into specified folders based on the account (Tools->Rules). Similarly outgoing mails can be sorted this way. Please note that this behavior is exhibited only on POP3 accounts. IMAP accounts conversely always have separate folder trees.

Also other users on this forum who use IMAP accounts have suggested that they would prefer having their accounts merged into one folder, so both models have their promoters.

Therefore, in the future we probably will add functionality allowing a user to choose whether to create a separate folder tree - I created and idea you can vote for at https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/topics/separate_folder_trees_for_accounts

Best Regards

I’m sorry but a “workaround” can’t be an acceptable solution. Keep in mind that people uses email clients to make it easier, not the oppose. In my opinion the current solution is rolling back to the old version till it gets fixed.

As far as I know, in eM Client 6, all e-mails of 1 account go to folders of that account.

If you have more than 1 account, all e-mails will go the their respective account-folders.

On top of this, you can use ‘smart folders’ in which the same folders of multiple accounts are automatically combined.

In other words, if you have an e-mail account A and an e-mail account B, you should have 2 ‘inboxes’: one for e-mail account A and one for e-mail account B.

Besides this, you should have 1 ‘smart’ folder called ‘all inboxes’ in which all e-mails of all inboxes are shown together.

I just installed 5.0 back and its separated as it should be. As far i read on another topic it’s a pop3 problem, but I’m not sure. I only know that it display correct at 5.0 (just installed it back) and don’t on 6.0. Tried on win 7 x64 and win 8 x32 both same problems with pop3.

there was issue with Gmail’s pop3 protocol and it is resolved in this version, if you will continue experiencing this issue then it has cause based in different issue and you will need to make own issue report about it.

here is link to newest version http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.197…

Jan

This workaround was offered 4 years ago, not as reaction to current Gmail’s POP3 issue.