Whoever is responsible for the latest updates is a complete moron!

I’m using eM Client to manage a couple of Gmail based accounts.  After updating to the latest version, out of a blue I had to manually re-enter my (fairly long and complex) passwords in a separate window into which - for some idiotic reason - it is impossible to paste any data through the clipboard.
But what really got me grinding - it’s when I got to work this morning and woke my laptop from the suspended state  - guess what???  eM Client wanted me to re-enter the passwords all over again!!!  Seriously?  

We had no other choice but to add the OAuth support and switch Google logins to it entirely. Google is shutting down their password-based logins for Google Calendar and Google Contacts today. We’d be happy to help with any issues that arise with the new login flow.

Hello, unfortunately as my colleague above suggested, there was no other way, Google has switched to OAuth so did we, otherwise you would not be able to access your accounts at all, as the support for the regular web access password authentication would be shutdown by today.

I understand the frustration regarding the copy/paste feature, please make sure to update your eM Client to this release, http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.22328/setup.msi , where this issue should be resolved, I’m sorry if the update has caused any inconvenience.

The ability to copy-paste the  credentials is already an improvement.  Thx! 

Any way to prevent it from re-asking the password every time it fails to connect to the internet?

Please try this update: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.22331/setup.msi

Awesome!   You guys are quick to resolve the issues.

I have the same problem!

Ever since I let the update install (2 days ago, 4/21/2015),  I have this dialog window appear requesting that I sign. I have the free version.  Internet Provider DSLEXTREME.COM thru gmail.  Please let know what the solutoin is or how long this is going to persist.

Ben Harris
benharris@dslextreme.com

Hello Ben, I’m not completely sure what exact release you currently have installed on your computer, please try to udpate your eM Client to this latest release and check if the issue persists, 6.0.22336.0

Thank you.

Thanks Paul for responding to my email.

eM Client version that I had:  6.0.22328.0 (Free Version)

Yesterday (4/23/2015) the dialog window appeared to stop popping up, but I felt that I should install the update that you referenced, but decided not because the dialog window seemed like it was goiing to do a complete reinstall of eM Client.  I chose instead to see what “CHECK FOR UPDATE” would do.

eM Client version that I installed:  6.0.344.0   (from “CHECK FOR UPDATES”)

This installed like I was expecting.  Downloaded, installed, and then closed eM Client.  I haven’t checked for updates since I installed eM Client back in February 2015.  My assumption was that this would be done automatically.  Since I have not found any settings that list updates, I now know that I will have to manually check for updates periodically.

So for now every thing seems to be working fine.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Ben Harris

Hello again Ben, I’m glad to hear you’re no longer experiencing the problem, please make sure to let us know if you encounter another problem while using eM Client or if you come across any questions regarding the application, we’ll be happy to help.