Who is messing with the themes?

I selected a theme, but someone is redefining it. I literally cannot use emClient because the screaming bold text is making the boxes unreadable. I tried to change to classic, but it’s not the classic theme anymore.

I just want a simple list that’s not full of spam and doesn’t show my outgoing mail in the inbox. Why is this so hard? Yes, I know spam isn’t your concern, but every time I want to send a message or do a task, I’m assailed by emClient interface issues and end up here on the forum trying to fix that instead of dealing with actual real life.

miércoles 29 junio 2022 :: 0937hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @Festivali

If you are using a default standard theme the only person that can as you say:
‘someone is redefining it’ is you - nobody else can access your selected theme
on your system.
You also say you tried to change to Classic but it is not the Classic anymore,
I repeat that is because YOU have changed it.
You can choose from a selection of Themes at:

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Well, I must be changing the settings in my sleep, because there weren’t any screamingly bright avatars, and now they dominate the screen, and I’m sure that one day the unread messages became set to BOLD BOLD BOLD. If it wouldn’t upset me more I’d go through my collection of emClient screen caps and prove it.

I want a nice, calm, quiet list with a discreet indicator of read or not, why is that so wrong?

miércoles 29 junio 2022 :: 1055hrs (UTC +01:00)

OK, there is not a thing wrong with what you want.

¿Have you recently upgraded eMC to v9.*?

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Hi Festivali, you can change the design back to a more simple one, all the new features can be hidden.

Right-click the top of the list and you can uncheck “Show avatars” and set “Preview” to “Disabled”
Use “Apply columns configuration to other folders” to copy this setting to all folders.

You can turn off Conversations in Menu>View>Conversations>Disable Conversations.

The unread messages always had bold font, but you can get around it by changing the font for the lists in Menu>Settings>Appearance>Lists (Item lists font). You cannot disable the bold for unread fully, but perhaps some other font will feel less “shouty” to you even in bold version. Clicking the Apply button you can see the changes right away and go through few of the fonts to find one you like.

There’s a couple of steps here, but apply setting to all folders is only available by selecting all the folders, at least on my screen.

The bold font became an issue between restarts. Maybe I installed the font you are using, but previously it wasn’t there to abuse my eyes. You know I’ve looked at literally thousands of apps and done a lot of work on usability standards. Now that my eyes are failing I am really suffering from situations where readability guidelines are ignored. I stress out every time I open the emClient screen. There needs to be an easy-reader theme. I’m past the days when I cracked open apps to tweak rules.

Example - readability words per line is 11 plus or minus 2, that is, human beings cannot comfortably read and comprehend more than 11 words per line. Did anyone consider that rule when displaying messages?

miércoles 29 junio 2022 :: 1331hrs (UTC +01:00)

I am interested please let me know the email that I can use to get this.

skybat

[email protected]

You can just change the width of the message window or preview pane and the lines will wrap automatically to your chosen setting.

So here is your message as I would normally read it, for which I have no issue btw.

Or by changing the width to whatever you want it could look like this: