Whitelisting problem!

How do i add an e-mail adress to the whitelist of e-m client?

viernes 24 septiembre 2021 :: 1659hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @redfordl

You cannot manually add to the eMC whitelist you can only delete either individually or totally.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Add the email to your address book. That usually whitelists it so it shouldn’t go into the Junk folder.

sábado 25 septiembre 2021 :: 1251hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Dave46

Unfortunately that is not strictly accurate as an email address is added to:
Menu ->Settings ->Mail ->Privacy ->Whitelist
when you send to an address whether the address is in Contacts or not.
It is not a fully editable Whitelist, but it sort off works.
If you want a fully editable comprehensive Whitelist & Blacklist you will need to use a
3rd party program that will either sit on your mailserver or locally between the server
and eMC or other email client, we do this with MWES Server and then rules in eMC to
move incoming mail to Unread & specific Local Folders. (separate rules for outgoing)
We use IMAP, Exchange & POP

Mailwasher, also a very effective SPAM filter can do this for you:

¡Saludos desde la soleada Valencia en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

In the upcoming eM Client V9, you can actually “add email address’s” to the whitelist as well as remove.

Is this really a whitelist (allowed users) or is emClient making up a new way to talk about it? Their “whitelist” is under “Block external content” and seems to me to be not whitelisting the sender to keep them out of spam filter, but to allow their external content to be displayed automatically. It is their external content that is whitelisted, but the entire email could still be shoved into junk.

Also, I’m not sure how emc could deal with whitelisting people because other than our own rules, their junk folder is controlled by the Mail host server and emc just accepts it. They’d have to rummage through the junk folder and move people back.

1 Like

I presume it’s a eg: combo whitelist for blocking email addresses as well as for blocking images in a whitelist, but this may not be the case ?.

This is a privacy setting. It allows you to display external content from specified senders.

eM Client has no spam detection ability, so has no whitelist for spam filtering. Rather as that is done by your server, you will need to whitelist the address there.

1 Like