White Square blocking email text

Often when I get a reply email the body of the email shows up with several white squares as .png files in the email, often blocking parts of the text. If I “reply” the images do go away, but if I’m in the reading pane they are always present. Does anyone know how I can get rid of these? Here is a screenshot of one:

I am running EM Client 6.0.22344.0 on Windows 7.

Hello John, this is very odd, I’ve never came across any issue like this, can you please try to update your eM Client to this release, 6.0.22774.0 and check if the issue persists? If it does, please export the received message into an .eml file and submit it to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

To export the message into an .eml file, drag and drop the message onto your desktop or new message, or right click the message and select Forward > Forward as Attachment? What mail service are you using with eM Client? 

Thank you,

Hello again John, thank you for submitting the .eml file to my email, unfortunately this issue is caused by an invalid formatting of the message, and other email clients are displaying the problem as well. Our developers suggest this may have been caused by performing drag and drop on the message, as it seems the white squares are actually another message - the formatting however is not valid for most email clients, so it’s not possible to display the message correctly.

Hope this helps,

Good afternoon Paul. Thanks for taking the time to look into this. Regarding the “drag and drop” theory, I have have experienced this problem repeatedly when I have not had anything except text and my signature in the email. No drag or drop in any part of the email. I am wondering however, if it’s my signature that’s causing the issue, as I do have a .jpg image file at the bottom. I’m going to remove the .jpg from my signature and try it out for a day and see if the problem persists.

Hello again John, have you imported the signature from another email client perhaps, or copied the style from another application? Try to create the signature from scratch if you did and check if the issue persists, this can occasionally generate a similar type of issues, however I have not came across this exact problem yet.

If I understand this correctly, the white squares are displayed in messages created and sent from eM Client?

Thank you,

I had copied and pasted my signature from an email (created in Outlook) in order to keep the same Sig formatting as per my companies policy. So what I have done is created a new sig from scratch in EM Client, and applied the same formatting. I have left the .jpg image out for the time being, and so far it seems to have eliminated the problem with the white square and also with the missing original message text (from my other comments in another thread). I’m going to keep rolling with this simplified signature for a few more days and then try adding the image back to see if the problem returns.

Another related question: My company requires my signature to be formatted as Tahoma font and 10.5pt. (don’t ask why, it’s just what they insist on). In the Signature formatting window, it only allows me to apply 10 or 11pt text. Is there a way to use 10.5? When I originally copied the sig from Outlook it seemed to paste it at 10.5 (I think) but that may have been part of the problem?

Thanks again for the help.

Hello John, unfortunately the signature only supports default text-formatting, .5s are not a standard text size and would have to be formatted by CSS, which I believe eM Client can’t unfortunately manage currently.

You should be able to add the JPG images to your signature as well, I believe the issue is copying the formatted text, not the elements separately. However I’m glad you’ve been able to get rid of the additional boxes.

Please let me know if I can be any further assistance regarding this or any other issue.

Thank you,