Where is my draft?? My saved message is not in Drafts.

It may be in Local Folders > Drafts.

If you can’t see the Local Folders, you can enable them in Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Show Local Folders.

Thanks, Gary. I have now displayed local folders, and the local Drafts folder is empty, as is the other Drafts folder.

I don’t know what eM means by Local Folders. I thought all my mail folders were local. I note that eM’s out-of-the-box spam filtering seems to be limited to Local Folders–and, sure enough, none of my many obviously spam messages have been diverted to Junk. It seems I can’t rely at all on eM’s own spam filtering but only on my own rules. Any clarification would certainly be appreciated.

The spam issue I replied to in your other question.

When you are composing an email, the draft is saved automatically after some time. It can also be turned off in Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail > Compose.

Check that it is turned on. Begin composing a new email, then close it selecting to save the draft. It should be in one of the Draft folders.

There are two types of folders in eM Client. IMAP/Exchange and local. IMAP/Exchange folders are duplicates of what is on the server. Deleting them does not delete your data, it simply removes the cached data from eM Client. When you logon to the web interface for your account, you will see the messages are still on the server. The other type, local, retrieves the messages from the server, stores them locally, then usually deletes them from the server. So if you delete a local folder, you delete the messages.

Now there are also different types of local folders. Local Folders as in the graphic below marked 2, are system folders that will always be in eM Client. By default they are not displayed. You cannot delete them, but you can delete their contents. Many email accounts will use the Local Folders Outbox to process outgoing messages before they are moved to the Sent folder, and some of them use the Drafts folder as well. The other type of local folders, marked below as 1, are created when you setup a POP3 account. This will be a separate set of folders (Inbox, Sent, Outbox, Drafts, Junk etc.) for only that account. These are displayed by default when you create a POP3 account.