Where is my Calendar?

Just moved my mail from Windows Live Mail to eM Client but Contact list and Calendar are missing. How can I fix this?

Hello Arnold,

Could we please ask you what version of eM Client do you use? What did it tell you during the import? Since there have been some issues, the new 7.1 version of eM Client will have a whole new import system from Windows Live Mail which should work smoothly.

Thank you,
Maurice

Hello Maurice,
Thanks for your reply. I can’t find an “about” option and have no idea where to find the version no.
Maybe I should uninstall and start again?
Cheers,

Arnold

menu/help/about. Include entire version, like 7.0.27943.0.

Thanks Jay,

Version is 7.0.27943.0

Cheers,

Arnold

Hello Arnold,

Thank you for the answer. Have you tried the manual Import through Menu -> File -> Import option? Have you tried setting up the mail account on its own and see if the calendar synchronizes? We realize that the Windows Live Mail Import hasn’t been perfect but since a completely new system will be put into place for the 7.1 version, we are not working on any fixes for the current version.

Regards,
Maurice

For what it’s worth, I had the same problem with only Contacts though. I use an Iphone for calendar so did not use livemail’s

The solution for me was to reopen Livemail and export out the contacts to a CSV. Then use the manual import.   

cheers, 
Allan

Uninstalled, reinstalled. Finished up with multiple folders (e.g 3 Inboxes), folders with thousands of entries and folders, calendar and contacts still missing. I have now gone back to WLM and shall wait for version 7.1 . 
Thanks all for your help.
Chrres,

Arnold

Hi Arnold,

Sorry to hear that.  I could only have helped you with the contacts by utilizing a CSV as I explained.

But I also recall ending up with multiple boxes once after a reinstall.  And I did quite a few re-installs because I wanted my contacts.   But after that I would first uninstall, and then manually remove the entire eM Client data folder before reinstalling.  It is typical for most apps, that they do not remove any user data when uninstalling.    

So please keep this in mind when you try again with the next version.  Otherwise, I believe you could end up with 4 of everything next time.

If I recall (i have moved my data location) the default is %users%<current user>\appdata\eM Client

Where is replaced with the given windows login user name.

cheers,
Allan

oops . %users%<current user>\appdata\roaming\eM Client