When Mail drafts are not actual "drafts"

I created a draft email within Yahoo Mail (web version) and my private ISP email account.

I then went to my PC and accessed the same draft email with eM Client, but the email is actually not editable, per se. I must reply to the DRAFT email to continue to compose or edit it

The only email services that eM Client treats as actual “editable” drafts are Hotmail (Outlook live) and Gmail).

The work around is to “Forward as Original” but you lose the address information. This seems to be only an issue when you don’t compose a DRAFT in eM Client.

This is an issue with the Yahoo! server. For some unknown reason it removes the draft flag on the message so you can’t edit it.

There is a workaround for this though. Go to Menu > Accounts and click on the Diagnostics tab for your Yahoo! account. In the Advanced Options Parameters box, paste in this text:

--imap-messages-in-drafts-folder-are-drafts

Click on Save & Close and restart eM Client. It will force all messages in the Drafts folder to be editable, no matter what the Yahoo! server says.

3 Likes

Ah good info @Gary I will update that in my own Yahoo IMAP account :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Gary,

Just wanted to say thanks for this! It really helped.

Hopefully it can be added by default in the future.