When I update eM Client the programme won't send or recieve email.

When I press Send & Receive I get an error message saying something about authentication. This happens every time I update the program. Then I have to go to the account dialogue box, and because I don’t know what I’m doing and there is no explanation about any of the choices, I start changing the settings at random until something works. Why can’t the updater note the existing settings and return to these settings once the program has been updated?

Jolly good question. I had the same problem.

Since the update, the authentication dialogue box wont let me ACCEPT - it looks like its greyed out. Catch 22 - I can’t authenticate and I cant get email.   aarrrgggghhh!  Any ideas, please.

Hello John, changing server settings randomly isn’t a good idea, please make sure you’re using the recommended server settings of your mail service provider with the account. If there’s an error thrown by the application, can you please make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum?

Also what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Hello Peter, do you think you could make a screenshot of the issue and submit it to us here on the forum?

Thank you…

I can’t find an explanation for the various options so I have again just changed them at random until I got it working. But now the error message has stopped appearing so I can’t get a screen shot of it. I have version #6.0.22344.0.

Many thanks Paul,

Screenshot below. (I’m on ver: 6.0.22344.0)
(note grayed out “accept” button)

Peter

Hello Peter, what version of Internet Explorer do you have installed on your computer, can you please make sure you’re running the latest available version of Internet Explorer? If you’re please also make sure you have JavaScript enabled in IE > Internet Options > Security > Advanced > Custom Level.

If the issue persists, please check what version of .NET framework you have installed on your computer in the list of installed programs on your computer.

Thank you.

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you encounter any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.