VERY slow to Reply

I am finding eM Client very good, except that it is excruciating slow when I reply to an e-mail.  It takes up to two minutes to present the “New Message” dialog, and when typing my message there is an incredible lag between characters.

I would be inclined to buy a license but for this issue.

Is this a known problem and if so is there an imminent solution?

Hello Craig, I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to, it certainly isn’t normally for the application to load a new message window for two minutes, if you’re experiencing this issue regularly, can you please check the release number of your eM Client in Help > About?

Can you also please try to run this utility, http://www.emclient.com/tools/dbrepairrebuildall.exe and check if the issue persists?

Thank you,

Version number is 6.0.22344.0.  I will try a database repair as you suggest.

The performance is excellent except for replies.  New mail, searching, navigating - all fast.

OK, looking again, since the only e-mails I have replied to are gargantuan - huge e-mail trails going back a year with image attachments.  So, I thought I’d reply to one which was only text and see how that went.

This was not a problem.

I would point out that Outlook 2013 seems to cope with these (which is why I hadn’t noticed this was happening) - so perhaps there is a new “feature” suggestion here (perhaps a warning about the e-mail size, and an offer to reduce it to the last few replies) as a way of preventing this?

Anyway, I’ll trim this conversation back and I think I’ll be OK now I know to expect this.

Hello Craig, I think the delay may have been caused by downloading of the reply message data, if the message was not fully downloaded it may have taken some time to get the data ready for including it in your email, however I do agree that option to reduce the size of the message may be a good addition to the programme with future releases.

I will add this feature to a list of features for consideration in future releases.

Thank you,