vba excel send email using cdo

I have an Excel spreadsheet that uses VBA to execute CDO to send emails. Will this be possible in em client? Currently running Windows 7.

Hi, unfortunately CDO does not use MAPI so it is not possible in eM Client.

Thank you, regards,
Paul.

Paul,

Is there another interface that an application can use with eM Client to send an email?

Thanks,

Phil

Paul,

The CDO procedure works with Thunderbird set as the default email program. I decided to try it with
Em client as the default email program… and the CDO procedure still works! Does this make sense to you? I suppose I’d need to uninstall TB completely to be certain whether some of its code is getting involved, even though it is not the default program. 

I’m interested to know what you think.

Phil

Paul,

I found a page on the web that clears up the question of how/why CDO works with a mail client that does not itself use MAPI: “It doesn’t matter what Mail program you are using [because CDO] only uses the SMTP server” [that is defined on your computer]. So, CDO should not be a problem for Em Client or any other email client.

Click here http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/s1/cdo.htm to view the page quoted above.

Phil

Hi I’m glad this works, seems like I’ve learned something new about eM client as well.
Thank you for sharing your solution, if CDO doesn’t use MAPI but only SMTP, I guess there’s no reason why it wouldn’t work without Thunderbird (also eM client does not use any of Thunderbirds components).

Thank you,
Paul.

Can some one help how to use this example when using 2 factor authentication in gmail apps.