Variables with mail

Hi, when I send mail with personal salutation for example for variables name and a copy of this mail to another e-mail address, not the individual variables for name of the original receiver but his own first name.

This may also be different. Now it is not a copy of the original mail.

Hello AJJ,

I’m not sure I understand what exactly you are asking about.
If you insert a variable (e.g. name) and send this e-mail to multiple people, eM Client will only send out one message so it will not know which name to choose. If you’d like to send one e-mail with such a variable to more people at the same time, please use the mass mail option (Message Menu -> Message -> Send as mass mail). With the mass mail option, eM Client sends out one e-mail to each of the recipients so it can fill in the relevant information.

Does this answer your question?

Regards,
Maurice

Thanks but I mean the following.
I send original mail to mail address of Els.Variable with first name for Els.
This send mail with copy to mail adress Andre.
Els receives mail with salutation Hi Els, this is correct.
Andre receives the copy mail with Andre instead of copy of mail with salutation Hi Els.
If it’s a copy mail is also the salutation Hi Els.
I think when a copy the mail variable is not modified.
Have tried it with send via send and if Mass mail.
the same result.
with best regards

Hello AJJ,

Thanks for elaborating. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear in my answer. I did not realize that when you use a variable, eM Client automatically sends the e-mail as mass mail because variables only make sense for more than one recipient. The way mass mail works is that despite being sent to multiple recipients, each recipient only sees their own address. From this perspective, there is no point in also sending the message to somebody as a copy.

Regards,
Maurice

Hello, I now understand what the intent is of a mail with variable. EM Client is a great program.
Thanks.

Hello AJJ,

Thank you, we are glad to hear that you are happy with eM Client.

Regards,
Maurice