V9 Issues Galore

Noticing some strange issues with V9.
One of the most annoying is that messages that I did not classify as junk and did not blacklist the domains for are now showing up in my junk folder instead of the inbox. The only thing I have done differently was to update to V9.
I also tried downloading the latest update (v9.0.1708) and using the “repair” option but I keep getting the same error that a file is missing from the cabinet file which causes the repair process to be aborted.
Previous versions have crashed at least once a month with the only way to get the program to open has been to uninstall the program, reinstall it and go through the entire setup process once again all while knowing that it’s only a matter of days before the whole rinse and repeat process happens again. Very annoying and it doesn’t look like the latest version is any better.

Perhaps your email provider is classifying them as JUNK. May require you to visit the host web mail and marking them as NOT JUNK.

Try downloading a fresh copy of eMC from here

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked and neither Outlook nor Yahoo classified any of those particular messages as junk. As I said, the only change I made before having this issue was to download the latest version of eM Client which was v9.0.1708.
I have tried multiple times to use the “Repair” option and every time I get the following error message and then the repair process aborts. The only other option would probably be to once again uninstall eM Client and start from scratch all over again. But I really see no point in that since I would simply be downloading and installing the same version with the same issues.

eM Client Repair Error

Here’s novel idea, how about eM Client releasing beta versions of their updates and having actual users can test them before releasing the final version?

This could indicate a possible problem with the installer file you downloaded “which I’ve never seen a faulty eM Client download”, or something “in the Windows or Mac OS” has a problem with the installer part of the program.

So check that you have the latest updates and patches etc for your OS. Also I would clear your OS user profile temp files. Temp files can get really full and can cause problems too. Even run a good freeware registry cleaner if you have Windows.

Here’s novel idea, how about eM Client releasing beta versions of their updates and having actual users can test them before releasing the final version?

Many EM Client actual real users did test all the V9 Betas thoroughly for at least 6 months or more including myself and my bro before the Final official releases on the version history pages. No issues like that were ever found on Windows 10 or 11 or Mac OS with eM Client V9 that I’m aware of.

If you are comfortable executing these steps, give this a try:

(1) Delete any installation files you have downloaded.
(2) Uninstall eM Client, making sure to NOT delete your database directory when asked. This will ensure your settings and data remain in place.
(3) If it exists, delete C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client
(4) Download and install the latest version from here
(5) The latest version of eM Client should then start with all your data in place

1 Like