Using Gmail with eM Client requires "Access to less secure apps" option.

I could not get Gmail to work until I enabled my Google setting called “Access to less secure apps”. So basically, I cannot use eM Client unless I make my Google account less secure. I decided to go back to securing my email and uninstalled eM Client. Is this going to be fixed? 

Actually, I just found the answer to my own question. In the Google settings, you can turn on 2-Step Verification, which requires you to request a different one-time password for each device that you use Gmail on. Using this feature, Gmail will work with eM Client. So you don’t have to make Gmail less secure to work.

Hi Joe, glad you’ve found a solution, unfortunately regular web access password protection is currently considered for a less secure method to authenticate. We’re currently working on an upcoming release of eM Client which should include an improved authentication method for use with OAuth authentication tokens.

In the meantime, if you don’t want to use regular password as the less secure option you can enable two step verification option and use the application with an app specific password generated by Gmail.

Please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul