Use tabpages for e-mail / calendar / tasks et cetera instead of big vertical column

Maybe instead of the vertical bar on the left in which people can choose ‘mail’, ‘calendar’, et cetera, eM Client can use tab pages for ‘mail’, ‘calendar’ et cetera. The buttons/groups on the left for ‘calendar’, ‘tasks’, ‘contacts’ and ‘widgets’ don’t contain extra info, so the whole left column is actually taking up space which could be used for something else.

And if these 5 groups are replaced by tab pages, maybe it’s possible to dock/undock those tab pages. Then people could use 1 tab page with e-mail on 1 monitor and another tab page with the calendar on a second monitor for example.

I would prefer the tab pages above the vertical column which is now on the left.

Hi, we are considering and discussing this in the office so there is chance of implementing this.

Jan

I find the bar on the left is useful space for all the mail folders, but I agree, in calendar, contacts, and tasks it is generally wasted space.

Being able to undock the tabbed pages would definitely be desirable. Multiple windows or instances of eM has been requested frequently. It is a big disadvantage to not have mail and calendar windows open simultaneously.

So the tab page for e-mail can (should!) have a column / treeview on the left with all the folders.

It all depends how many people will upvote it or what we will think would be best for next version. But it is being talked about so there is high chance of this feature being implemented.

Jan

I like the folders on the left, but the Calendar, Contacts and Mail  buttons can be moved. I would like to have the ability to open all of these in separate windows, or at minimum, have a quick keyboard shortcut to get to each one.   At minimum, it would be helpful to have the Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks buttons all in one place.   Right now they all move from top to bottom depending on what is expanded/contracted.

Hi, thank you for the suggestion, I recommend making an Idea topic so the request is more visible to other users as well and they can vote on it.
Also you can use a shortcut to switch between the Mail, Calendar, Tasks etc. tabs by using CTRL+1 > CTRL+5, or you can change the shortcut in Tools > Settings > General > Shortcuts.

I hope this helps, thank you,
Paul.

+1 for separate windows for Calendar, via whatever means provided!

Maybe I’m missing something, but the left column has useful information for Mail, Contacts, and Calendar for me. For Mail, I see all the folders for each of my email accounts. For Contacts, I see the differnet accounts that I have contacts in and the groups I have my contacts sorted in so I can select which group I want to see. For Calendar, I see the accounts I have calendars with and can then select which calendars in each account that I want visible.

Did things change since this post was originally made?

• Merg

Hi Merg, what users have been suggesting here, would be making the calendar look more like outlook, where if you open another calendar, another calendar is displayed side by side having two rows in the application each showing one of the calendars.

Others were suggesting to create a tab view, forcing you to switch between the opened calendars in the main view.

Using current (or past) options in eM Client it was always possible to display items from multiple calendars, we’re currently not considering to redesign the calendar as suggested as we believe the current view helps our users navigate through multiple calendars more quickly than using a side by side or tabbed view as can be seen in other email clients.

Regards,
Paul

Okay, I like the current set up where the calendars are all overlapped. I like seeing everything together, but also like the ability to hide a calendar or two when I need.

Thanks.

• Merg

Hi again, thank you for your feedback regarding the issue, we’re currently not planning any major changes to the calendar’s behavior.

Regards,
Paul

Hi again, thank you for your feedback regarding the issue, we’re currently not planning any major changes to the calendar’s behavior.

Regards,
Paul