upgrade problems

I just upgraded.  Lost my contacts.  Won’t connect to send mail.  And I don’t want the trial version.  How do I correct all this? (My mail folders appear to be ok)

Hello Miriam,
which contacts are missing? Local contacts/certain accounts’ contacts? Please include more detail.
Also, please copy the error message and log from the operations window when a message fails to be sent, please.

Regards,
Olivia

I cannot get a copy of the error message, but it reads as follows:
“Connecting to [email protected] has failed.  (SSMTP) An attempt to connect to [email protected] failed.  This could be caused by temporary server unavailability or incorrect settings.  Do you wantto check the settings?”   I checked the settings and they were not changed.  I can connect to receive mail but not send.  

The “contacts” that I lost are from my email contact list “address book”.  The folders that are gone are all the subfolders that I set up in my “inbox”  All of this was fine just prior to doing the upgrade.  Can you help me recover to previous version and retrieve this information?

I have the same problem, what can be done?

Hello,
since eM Client 7 is a new product, it might be needed to allow communication for it in your Antivirus and Firewall (adding it to exceptions)/
The missing folders are probably connected to the synchronization issue.

If you’d prefer to downgrade instead of troubleshooting this issue, you can always install the eM Client 6 installation file from our website: http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.24928/setup.msi (link also found on the Download page under the version 7 download button).
Also, to install eM Client 6 you will need to uninstall version 7 first.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi, my version has just been upgraded and hasn’t loaded all my old emails. How can I retrieve them? Alan

Hello Alan,
have you migrated your old database during the upgrade?
If not, you can try to import your data using the Menu>File>Import>Import from eM Client 6 option.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia, many thanks for your reply. I did that originally and have repeated but there are still missing folders. Regards Alan

Hello Alan,
what mail accounts does this happen with? How are they set up? POP/IMAP/Exchange?
Or is it Local folders that are missing?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia
It’s local folders that are missing. Alan

Hello Alan,
are the Local Folders just missing or are they empty?
Is the option to ’ Show Local folders’ enabled in Menu>Tools>Settings>General>General section?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia, That had already been set; the folders just did not appear on the new version. Are they lost?

Additionally some of the loaded emails have been corrupted and have other addressees names when those names aren’t relevant to that email.

Hello Alan,
I just asked to be sure, as the setting could have been accidentally disabled during the migration. If the folders are empty, the data probably failed to be migrated, but should still be available in your old database files.

You can try downgrading to version 6 (uninstall v7, install v6 ) - your old database should pair up and your data should be available.
Export the Local folders to EML using the File>Export option so you can import them to v7 later.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Alan,
strange, have there been any errors during the migration?
What mail account did this happen with?
Can you send one of these messages to [email protected] saved as EML with a link to this forum thread?

Regards,
Olivia

I imported from v6.  That worked and I have my contacts and old emails and local folders back.  I have also resolved the issue I had with sending email.  My last question is this:  When I upgraded I was told that I will run a ‘trial version’ for 30 days.  I do not want the ‘pro’ version.  What will happen after my 30 days are up?

Hi Olivia, I can’t find those messages (they are in “flagged folder”). How do I go back to v6?

Hello Miriam,
if you do not want to purchase a PRO account you can register for a FREE license - http://www.emclient.com/free-license
You will need to Activate the License key in Menu>Help>License section.

Regards,
Olivia

OK, thanks.  I trust that my current license for the free version will remain active until it renews in February?  I have my current license key for the free version.  Will I need to reactivate that after 30 days?