Updates?????????

A window keeps popping up saying “new update available” with the options of “yes”, “no” or “more info”.  I click “yes” and nothing happens.  This has happened over several days.  The update in question is 7.2.34711.0  I have used eM Client for several years and have not had this issue over updates before.  I notice somebody having the same issue (via forums) two years ago and there were no answers given.  Could somebody from eM Client offer a solution please?  Thanks

not helping I’m afraid. I came on here to post the same question. Can eM Client help?

Same here - same version. :frowning:
Selecting "more info’ does nothing either!

I am not from eMClient, but I can hopefully solve your problem. Just ignore the pop-up and download the latest version here: https://www.emclient.com/release-history. You can safely install it over your existing version 7.xxx

I followed the advice and the problem seems brilliantly resolved. Thank you.

Many thanks for this solution!

I too have been successful following this advice. Thank you…

Thanks pefunk - works for me too

I did exactly the same, and it fixed the problem for me.  But surely more important is why eMClient  let this happen without sorting it, as this just annoys the hell out of everyone!

This is an issue again 3 months later, but the releases page doesn’t help this time. I keep getting notices to update to 7.2.35595.0, but the latest release is 7.2.35128.0. Once again, the update and more info buttons do nothing.

I have exactly the same issue as you Ted A. Anyone know if 7.2.35595.0 can be downloaded from anywhere?

Just go to their homepage and click on “download for free” and you should get the latest version, which is 7.2.35595.0 and was published yesterday, but has not made it to the Release History yet.

Thanks pefunk. That worked. It’s also just appeared on the release history page - we were just too quick off the mark.

I post here a reply that I have posted to another and related/almost identical question. I believe the path I followed saves the new version download and install burden/time

I had the same issue since the use of Windows 10 notifications (system notifications) was implemented.

What just worked for me is that we should tell eM client to use it own internal notifications feature instead of the Windows 10 notification feature:

1. go to “Menu”, then "Tools, then “Settings, under “General” click 'Notifications”
  2. at the bottom of the window UNcheck the line 'use system notifications". This will DEactivate the Windows 10 notifications and enforce the eM client internal notification that will properly handle the uddates.

This woked for me to update from ver 7.2.35128.0 to 7.2.35595.0.

Now when you go to “Menu”, then “Help”, then “Ckeck Updates”, it will tell you whether there is an update. If so, proceed with the eM client notification box at the bottom right hand of the screen and the update should succesfully install.

Worked for me under Windows 10 version 1809. You might want to give it a try if you have not yet succeeded (apart form reinstalling)."

The Windows notification feature is something that was requested by many users, as it is more useful to have new mail notifications in the action center the same way as other application notifications in Windows 10. 

Yes, you can turn it off if you want and use the old system if that is better for you.