Update

Hello.
Whenever I open my mail,
there is a window that tells me to download the update.
But the installation is impossible because the extension is: .msi
instead of .exe
Can you help me please

You can try downloading the msi file directly from http://www.emclient.com/release-history and then double click on it to install.

Thanks Gary for your answer.
I downloaded the .msi file
but impossible to install.
Here is the catch

So it is asking you if you want to launch the application. Just click on OK.

Thanks again.
Yes I click, but the installation is not done.The .msi extension is not recognized

What error do you get after clicking OK? What version of Windows are you using?

When I click on the setup, the window mentioned above appears.
I click OK and I have the setup again.
I am on Win 10 64 bit.

eM Client only comes as an msi file, so at some stage it must have worked for it to be installed on your computer. Maybe disable any anti-virus application, then try again. 

It could be some issue with Windows. Are you able to install any other msi files?

Also, if this is your work computer, does your user account have permission to install applications?

As a last resort you can disable the notifications to upgrade. Go to Menu > Tools > Settings > General > Notifications and scroll down to the Updates entry. Click on the pop-up icon so that it has a red x. You will not get further notifications to update.

That is about all I have. Hopefully someone else will comment further. 

One other thought. The .msi file may be corrupted. It might be worthwhile to try a fresh download.

Hello Gary
Thank you for your answers. Here is the solution: I disconnected the internet connection.
I disabled the antivirus. I made a right click on the “setup.msi” and chose: Open
with the installer Windows. and the installation is OK.
I tried all the resident and EMclient messengers and definitely the best.

Jean Pierre Mariani.

Hello Norman
Thank you for your reply. I found the solution. OUF !!!
Jean Pierre Mariani.

I know this is an old post, but there is a problem with your windows configuration.
.msi files should be associated with the Windows installer, something has broken that association, (possibly uninstally some AV??)

You need to remake that association, EM Client is by far from the only thing that is distributed as a .msi. The forst thing to do is right click - open with… - select windows installer & check always use this program