Update to eM Client 7 put some junked messages back in my inbox, made them undeletable

[This issue is similar to the post titled “Unable to delete or move a few older messages from my inbox. New messges OK -eM Client v7”, but since that has not been resolved, I’ll post in hope that there is a solution now.]  Running version 7.0.27943.0 on Windows 10 with Anniversary Update.

I just upgraded to version 7, and discovered that in the process a number of unread messages that were in the Junk Mail folder now appear in the Inbox, still marked unread.  When I click on them, the reading pane remains empty, and their status does not change to “read”.  When I press Del, or click the trash can icon, or click on Delete in the right-click context menu, they stay in the inbox list, nor can they be moved to junk.  It’s as if they are there and not there at the same time (a form of Heisenbug?).

I tried going offline, shutting down, deleting in offline mode, but that did not work.  New messages are unaffected, and older unread messages that were in the inbox before migration are not affected either, i.e. they change status to “read” as expected, can be deleted etc.

The most annoying aspect of this is that these dead messages don’t change status - I wouldn’t mind that there are a few extra message in the inbox, but it is now impossible to have the Unread count go to zero, and every time I look at the message that are still to be processed I have to consciously ignore these message corpses …

Hello Thomas,
We’re sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please try the following steps?

Turn Conversations off (Menu -> View -> Conversations -> Disable Conversations)
Turn eM Client off
Go to eM Client’s installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\eM Client) and run DbRepair.exe (not the DbRepair.exe.config). Wait until the database check is completed.
Turn eM Client on

You should then be able to set any Conversations setting you prefer but not have trouble with the ‘dead’ messages.

Regards,
Olivia

That fixed it, the ‘dead’ messages are gone.  Brilliant, Olivia! [And I hope your developers get a change to read my problem description, maybe it will help them prevent the problem for future updates …]