unread e-mails are copied to a new folder and not moved.

If I delete a message from the ‘unread’ Inbox it goes away.  If I drag and drop a message from the ‘unread’ Inbox it makes a copy in the new folder, but the original message doesn’t go away.  The ‘All Inboxes’ Inbox seems to work correctly.  It makes it difficult to work with as you have two different things happening.

Hi Edward,
I just tried replicating the issue with my emails and seem to be unable to do so. Can you tell me what mail service and provider you use with your account that this issue seems to be happening on?

Best regards,
Olivia

Olivia,  thanks for your reply.  I have an ASUS desktop running Windows 8.1.  My mail server is Verizon.  Please remember, the failure is only with new mail that is in the ‘Unread’ mail folder even though it is only a pseudo folder.  I must be looking at a piece of mail in the ‘Unread’ folder and when I drag it and drop it in a different folder it make a copy in the new folder but the original in the ‘Unread’ folder does not delete.  Although if I leave the ‘Unread’ folder and go to another folder, when I come back to the ‘Unread’ folder it will have been deleted.  If I access my mail through the ‘All Inboxes’ folder it works normally in that any mail that I drag and drop into another folder will delete itself in the ‘All Inbox’ folder.  Hope this helps

Hi Edward,
I might be wrong, but the way you describe the behaviour now actually sounds correct? Emails in Unread folder will appear in it until they are marked as read. Only then they will disappear from this folder, no matter what actual folder they are located in. You can move a message from folder A to folder B, but until it’s marked as Read, it will stay in Unread folder.
All inboxes on the other hand, only keep mails from special Inbox folders. If you move them to a different folder that is not marked as Inbox, it will disappear from All Inboxes. If you move it from one Inbox to another, it will STILL be in All inboxes.
Hope that clears it up a bit.

Best regards,
Olivia

Actually Olivia the e-mails that I have read and attempted to move to another folder are marked read.  If I do a drag and drop to a different folder, a copy goes in the new folder but the original e-mail, even when marked read, stays in the ‘Unread’ pseudo folder until I leave the ‘Unread’ folder and then come back to it.  If I delete an e-mail from the "Unread’ pseudo folder it is immediately removed.

Hi Edward,
that is also by design, though. The change will show after you move away from the folder to give you an option to finish reading the mail/ get back to it if you accidentally click on the next mail.
Deleting removes it, because then it is clear you have no intention of getting back to it.

Best regards,
Olivia