unexpected movement of Cursor when typing

when typing an E-Mail as a new message or as an answer the Cursor suddenly moves away forward or backwards to an unexpected Position. Is there a specific Option to be set to avoid this Problem?

Hi,
is this behavior usual in other applications as well (when you’re typing), are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
What version of eM Client are you using?

Paul.

i’m using version 7, the behavour reported is still unchanged and does not show up in other applications. A lot of typing corrections is needed in every because of this problem

Hardy,

I’m going to bet you are using a laptop.  Are you?

Steve

Yes, Hardy

You won’t believe me (nobody does), but the problem is caused by the heel of your thumb gently brushing the touchpad.  It causes the cursor to jump - usually upwards - so you suddenly find yourself typing in the middle of another line.

As I said, I know you will even now be vigorously denying it.  Humour me: get a piece of card which is thick enough to disable the touchpad and cover the touchpad with it.  Or, if you prefer, disable the touchpad in Settings.

I guarantee the problem will go away.

PS: The reason I know that you won’t believe me is because I didn’t believe it either - I was *certain* my thumbs weren’t brushing the touchpad.  But when I disabled the touchpad it cured the problem immediately.  Since then I’ve become much more aware of it and have altered my typing style to suit.

the problem is caused by the heel of your thumb gently brushing the touchpad.  It causes the cursor to jump - usually upwards - so you suddenly find yourself typing in the middle of another line.

Happens to me all the time with a Lenovo laptop. I disabled the touchpad, but this laptop has an auxiliary mouse-substitute (two keys directly below the space bar) that apparently cannot be disabled. Sometimes accidentally touching that thing and then pressing a regular keyboard key causes bizarre things to happen — Google Chrome’s “Developer Tools” window will open, for example. Major pain in the neck. That aside, disabling the main touch pad helped a lot.

OK,  touchpad is deactivated, i’ll test it. For now, i’m closing this case. Thanks for your support!

OK, touchpad is now deaktivated by function F7 - i’ll test it. For now, i’m closing this case. Thanks for your suppoert!   Hardy